close menu
This website uses cookies to store your accessibility preferences. No personal / identifying information is stored. More info.

General Information

Town Clerk - Melodie A. Bowersox
Deputy Town Clerk - Cheryl Mammano

Office Hours:  9:00 AM to 4:00 PM Monday through Friday, also by appointment.
Phone: 607-648-4800 Option 0

Services of the Town Clerk’s Office:

  • Birth/Death/Marriage Records
  • Building Permit Collection 
  • Death Certificates and Burial Permits
  • Dog Licenses
  • FOIL Requests
  • Games of Chance
  • Handicapped Parking Tags   
  • Marriage Licenses
  • Notary Public Mon-Thur, 9am-4 pm. No Notary Public available on Fridays
  • Sporting Licenses
  • Town Minutes Book Records

Dog Licensing

NYS requires that all dogs be licensed upon reaching the age of 4 months.  Current rabies certification is required by the owner at the time of licensing, as is the spayed/neutered certificate. 

Please make checks payable to Fenton Town Clerk.  Spayed/neutered Fee:  $15.00, Unspayed/unneutered Fee:  $25.00

Handicapped Parking Permits
Applicants must complete form MV-664.1 and have the physician complete the medical certification section (forms may be obtained from the Town Clerk's Office).  Bring the completed form and your driver's license to the Town Clerk's Office to receive permit. 
Temporary permits can also be issued for up to six months.  Please note that your Handicapped Parking Permit MUST be obtained from the Town in which you reside. 
Marriage License

Anyone getting married in the State of New York must purchase a marriage license 24 hours in advance.  Both applicants must be present to apply and must provide photo identification, certified birth certificate, and proof of dissolution of any previous marriages (divorce papers or death certificate).  The license is valid for 60 days from the date it is issued.  To obtain a marriage license at the Town of Fenton, please call the Town Clerk’s Office at 648 – 4800 (ext. 0) to arrange an appointment.  (Allow for approximately 30 minutes to process the marriage license application.)  Fee:  $40

Notary Public
Notary Services are offered free of charge by the Town Clerk's Office. Each individual signing must have a valid driver's license or another form of a photo identification. Please note that we do not notarize Will documents. To ensure that a Notary Public is available, we kindly request that you make an appointment prior to coming to the Town Hall.
Registrar of Vital Records
The Town Clerk can provide certified copies of the following records to authorized individuals (see Town Clerk's Office for list) for a fee of $10 per copy:
* Birth - for individuals who were born in the Town of Fenton
* Death - for individuals who passed away in the Town of Fenton.
* Marriage - for those who obtained a marriage license in the Town of Fenton.
Identification is required and a form provided by the Town Clerk's Office must be filled out.
Sporting Licenses
Sporting licenses are issued to residents and non-residents as determined by NYS Department of Environmental Conservation.  For fees, please go to or call our Office.